- 5 - An Evening With Lisa Brooks, Author of Our Beloved Kin: A New History of King Philip's War. Tracing Mary White Rowlandson's Path: From Lancaster/Nashaway to Kwinitekw, the Connecticut River. Thursday, April 5th at 7:00pm at the Nashoba Regional High School Auditorium, 12 Green Road, Bolton, MA.
- Freedom's Way Hidden Treasures 2018: Dr. Levi Sawyer on Rounds in Bolton. A look inside Dr. Levi Sawyer’s medical case offers a rare glimpse into the medical practice of a rural doctor in Bolton from 1818 to 1844. On display is Dr. Sawyer’s wooden case, covered in deer hide, along with the medical instruments used in his practice. An unusual bone syringe, a delicately wrought silver catheter, three very rare wrought fleams for bloodletting, corked blown glass vials, and dental tools are just a few of the instruments on view. Dr. Levi Sawyer was born in Bolton in 1783. Although there is no information about his early training as a physician, he did attend lectures at Harvard University. A card found in the medicine case admitted him to “lectures on anatomy and surgery” signed by J.C. Warren, one of the noted family of distinguished founders of Massachusetts General Hospital. Dr. Sawyer was a physician in Bolton until his death in 1844. On display at Sawyer House on Saturday, May 19 from 9 to 3:30 and every Thursday afternoon from 1:00 to 3:30 during the month of May.
- 19 - Bolton Geranium Sale. A unique bi-colored geranium from Bolton. It is a one day sale so come early to get the best selections. Starts at 9:00 until we are all sold out.
- To be announced - Florence Sawyers School, 3rd Grade Walk - 3rd grade students at Florence Sawyer School are taken on a walking tour of the village center. Society volunteers weave Bolton's past into its present as they guide the students to such sites as Sawyer House, First Parish Church, the old post office, notable homes, and Pond Park.
- To be announced - Town Wide Yard Sale - Visit the front yard of Sawyer House and find your treasures! All proceeds will go towards BHS programming and maintenance of Sawyer House. If you would like to donate any items for sale, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- To be announced - Our Annual Meeting is to elect officers and set the agenda. We meet in the ballroom at 3:00 p.m. Stop by to vote your support.
- 2 - Holiday Wreath Festival & Auction. These are spectacular wreaths decorated by local residents. The creative talent in our community makes for a unique art show. Some wreaths even have special goodies or keepsakes attached. See our designated page for the Wreath Festival & Auction. At the Sawyer House barn from 12:00 - 5:00 p.m.